1. Adding equipment
To add an equipment, go to the " " section. Configuration " and then in the menu " Equipment > List »
Click on " + Add ": a configuration window opens.
Fill in the general information
1) Enter the name of the equipment you wish to add to the supervision
2) Enter your IP address or DNS name
3) Refine if necessary its membership of a site
4) Refine if necessary its equipment category
5) Choose from which Boxes it will be supervised
6) Matching the equipment models he needs
7) Define its criticality within the information system
8) Describe the role of this equipment within the information system
Click on the tab " Availability and controls ».
- Fill in the desired availability rate target (based on a time slot)
- Choose the time slot on which the availability rate will be calculated.
- Choose the time slot in which the supervision of the unit service will take place. Attention: it must be identical or cover the entire time slot defined for the calculation of the availability rate.
- Define the time interval between two checks by the supervision system
Click on the tab " Relation ».
- Choose the equipment group it is part of if necessary. (Not functional in this version)
- Define its parent equipment according to the network path that the VS Box uses if possible.
- Choose children's equipment if possible
- Validate the creation of the equipment
Once the relationship is in place, it works like this:
If a relationship is defined, when the parent equipment is in CRITICAL status, then the child equipment(s) is in UNKNOWN status.
Ex: VM that depends on an ESX.
Use case: we supervise a remote site that does not have a box. If the site's router does not respond to the ping, then the central SNBox will not attempt to query the site's equipment, because a parent/child relationship will have been defined between equipment and router.
NB: After adding a device, check that you do not need to make a specific configuration for its unit services (see the step: "Specific configuration of the unit service" in the documentation: "Deploying supervision with a ServiceNav Box").