Defining a notification policy for a piece of equipment consists in defining...
- ...for what events...
- ...what time slot...
- ...who to inform
The events triggering the application of the notification policy on a piece of equipment are changes in the status of that equipment.
The notification policy can be defined for a particular piece of equipment, or for a set of equipment.
The effective notification policy is the intersection logic between the notification parameters defined at the contact level and those defined at the equipment level. This business rule allows you to define a differentiated management of notifications.
Example: A notification time range from 0:00 to 24:00 is defined at the E-equipment level. The notification time slot 5:00-12:00 is defined for Team A, the notification time slot 12:00-20:00 is defined for Team B.
- If a change of status occurs at 13:00, the B-team will be informed.
- If a change of status occurs at 10:00 a.m., the A-team will be informed.
- If a change of status occurs between 8pm and 5am, no team will be notified, but if the problem is still present at 5am then team A will be notified.
Single Equipment Notification Policy
Position yourself in the company for which you want to define the notification policy for a piece of equipment :
- Navigate in Configuration> Equipment > List.
- Click on the piece of equipment you want to configure: The equipment master record is displayed on the screen.
- Select the tab Notifications in this file.
In this form, configure the notification policy as follows:
- Click on Yes to enable notification on the equipment
- Select in the drop-down list the notification time range you want (default leave: 00h - 24h LMMJVSD)
- Select the equipment status changes that will cause the notification policy to be applied
- Indicate whether additional checks should be carried out before sending the first notification and changing the status of the equipment to confirmed.
- If you select the event " Unstable« Specify the upper and lower thresholds for defining the instability status of a piece of equipment (do not select by default).
- Select the contacts and contact groups that will be alerted by the notification sent. Only contact groups and active contacts are present in the lists.
Notification policy for a set of equipment
It is possible to apply the same notification policy to a set of equipment by multiple selection.
Position yourself in the company code for which you want to define the notification policy for pieces of equipment.
- Navigate in Configuration > General > Equipment > List.
- Select equipment of the same criticality, those for which notification is activated or deactivated, equipment of the same category, equipment containing the same string of characters, equipment with the same label. This step is optional.
Click on the equipment you wish to configure, selecting it from the list, or selecting it as a whole by clicking here :
Click on the button " More« and select "...". Change the notification policy »
A pop-up window opens:
Choose Yes to change the notification of the selected equipment.