Here's how to configure the SNMP requirements for OS400 servers:
- Connect to the server console (telnet, ...)
- Type the command :
(this command allows to go to configure the TCP layer of the server)
- Go to the option : 20
- Choose application number 1, SNMP
- Then the system information option 1
- The communities option 2 (with its IP and netmask, from version V7R1 onwards)
- Once the SNMP service has been configured, the service must be started with the command :
(be careful to put *SNMP like here).
- The SNMP is activated, you can check it by launching a census from the application.
Note: To stop SNMP services, use this command :
(be careful to choose *snmp otherwise it cuts all IP connections on the partition).